Ask A Parapsychologist
Are psychic experiences real? Do you have questions about the science behind your beliefs? Is there proof for ESP, Out of Body Experiences, Mind-to-Matter Interaction, or Life After Death?
Now you can learn more about the science of parapsychology from a professional in the field.
Ask a Parapsychologist is a weekly feature from the Rhine where your questions are answered by a trained scientist. One question will be selected each week. Click here to send your question to the Rhine scientists.
Welcome to the Rhine!
By John G. Kruth, Executive Director, Rhine Research Center
Parapsychology is a topic that is often misunderstood. Many people have questions about ESP and the scientific evidence that exists for different phenomena. As a brief introduction, let me mention the topics that parapsychologists study:
- Telepathy (communication between people)
- Clairvoyance (getting infomformation about objects that are hidden or distant)
- Precognition (getting information through time, especially from the future)
These three phenomena together are called Extrasensory Perception or ESP.
- PK or Psychokinesis (mind-matter interaction)
- Survival Issues (any indication that the personality, character, spirit, or soul exists outside of the physical body)
Survival issues include:
- Mediumship (spirit communication)
- Near Death Experiences
- Out of Body Experiences
If you have questions on any of these topics (especially related to the science around these topics), you can submit them to the Rhine Research Team.