Rules for Rhine Raffle - 2017
Official Rules and Regulations
The proceeds from this raffle will benefit the Rhine Research Center (hereafter, “the Rhine”). Tickets will be sold online and throughout the community, at all Rhine events and locations, at off-site events, in personal transactions by Rhine staff and volunteers as well as online. Raffle will be $20 per ticket, unlimited individual and/or total purchases.
1. Employees (and their immediate family members) of the Rhine are not eligible to win.
2. The raffle is open to legal residents of the United States who are age 18 and over.
3. Unlimited individual and/or total purchases will be sold. If fewer than 200 tickets are sold by 3:00 p.m., May 31, 2017, the Rhine may cancel the raffle in its sole discretion, and any participant who has previously purchased a raffle ticket will be refunded the cost of each ticket purchased within 5 business days.
4. No additional purchase (donation, admission, membership etc.) is necessary to purchase raffle tickets.
5. There is no limit to the number of tickets an individual may purchase, up to the maximum number of tickets available.
6. Tickets must be filled out in the name of a single individual.
7. Tickets are non-refundable.
8. Online ticket sales will cease at 3:00pm on Wednesday, May 31, 2017.
9. The winner will be selected at a random drawing on Wednesday, May 31, 2017 between 3:00pm-6pm. Entrants do not need to be present to win. The winner will be notified by email according to the contact information provided to the Rhine at the time of entry. In the event a winner cannot be contacted, fails to respond within 7 calendar days, fails to otherwise qualify for the prize and /or declines the prize, an alternate winner will be selected. If not claimed within 7 calendar days of notification, the winner designee will forfeit any rights to the prize and the same will be awarded to an alternate winner. The right to take possession of the prize through the winning entry is neither assignable nor transferable.
10. If the winner elects to take a trip as the prize, the cost of lodging will be provided and a travel voucher equal to: ITALY - 10% of the raffle income, but not to exceed $2500; Florida – 2.5% of total income, but not to exceed $600. The winner assumes and must pay all other expenses related to the trip including food, additional travel, fees and charges (including, but not limited to tolls and tips), local, state and federal taxes, and any miscellaneous expenses.
The Rhine assumes no responsibility for the winner’s tax obligations and suggests you consult your tax advisor. This offer is void where prohibited by law and all federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. The prize cannot be exchanged for cash.
11. By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Rhine, its respective subsidiaries, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each such company’s officers, directors, employees, volunteers and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the raffle or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
12. Except where prohibited, participation in the raffle constitutes winner’s consent to the Rhine, their sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
13. The Rhine reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the raffle, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond the Rhine’s reasonable control which impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the raffle, as determined by the Rhine in its sole discretion. The Rhine reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the raffle process or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other Promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the raffle may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Rhine reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Rhine’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
14. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by raffle purchasers, printing errors or by any of the programming associated with or utilized in the raffle; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or hard/software ;(3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the raffle process; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the raffle or the processing of raffle ticket purchases; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from raffle purchaser’s participation in the raffle or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason a raffle ticket is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, a ticket purchaser’s sole remedy is another ticket in the raffle, provided that if it is not possible to award another ticket due to discontinuance of the raffle, or any part of it, for any reason, the Rhine, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible raffle ticket stubs up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed the Rhine reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
15. Except where prohibited, raffle purchasers agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this raffle any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this raffle, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will raffle ticket purchasers be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and the Rhine in connection with the raffle, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of North Carolina, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of North Carolina or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of North Carolina.